"We do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability, in our programs and services."
This page explains the services offered by the health department. The clinic can assist medically uninsured Andrews County residents with some of their health care expenses. Use this page to find the services provided and how to qualify for these services.
The Andrews County Health Department's (ACHDs) mission is to partner with the community to prevent disease and to promote health, safety, and well-being.
Healthy People, Healthy Andrews
We are honest, trustworthy and transparent in all we do. We strive to do the right thing to achieve the best public health outcomes.
We value the diversity and unique contributions of our employees and partners. We develop positive relationships, foster innovative solutions, and strengthen our capacity to accomplish our mission.
We uphold a standard of conduct that recognizes and values the contributions of all. We foster a working environment in which listening to and understanding our differences is encouraged and confidences are protected.
We use the best scientific data and methods available to guide our policies and actions to promote healthy living in Andrews County. We rely on the objective facts of evidence-based science to build a strong foundation to address health needs and concerns.
We are effective and efficient managers of the public trust and public funds, and hold ourselves and others to appropriate high standards. We operate with open communication, transparency, timeliness, and continuous quality improvement.
10 Essential Services of Public Health
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable
- Assure competent public and personal health care workforce
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems
For more details. visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.