NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
Andrews County is currently accepting applications to fill the position of Arena Manager for the Andrews County Multi-Purpose Arena. Applications are available in the office of the County Judge, and on the County’s website at www.co.andrews.tx.us. Applications will be taken until Friday, September 1, 2017.
According to Andrews County Personnel Policy, the job description is posted with this announcement and is available upon request in the County Judge’s Office, Courthouse, Room 104, Andrews, Texas.
Applicants will be considered regardless of race, creed, sex, national origin, or age, in compliance with Federal Regulations. A verification of references will be made as well as a check of applicant’s driving record in order to assure insurance coverage on the individuals. A poor driving record or DWI convictions will eliminate an applicant from consideration of employment.
Per Andrews County hiring policy, a physical examination will be arranged and paid for by Andrews County for the selected prospective employee prior to acceptance for employment. This physical shall include drug testing, as provided by the Personnel Policy. Failure to receive an acceptable health or drug report shall prohibit employment for Andrews County.
MANAGER POSITION FOR ANDREWS COUNTY MULTI-PURPOSE ARENA
Manager duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning, promoting and evaluating the use of the County Multi-Purpose Arena
- Conducting marketing and sales efforts designed to increase use of and revenues from the Arena
- Negotiating with and assisting event promoters
- Preparing and monitoring the department budget
- Supervising arena staff of 4 – 6 groundskeepers
- Preparing the facility for events including opening and securing of the facility before and after events
- Supervising all events held on arena grounds
- Collecting and remitting rental fees and deposits
- Supervising ticket/box office operations
- Evaluating crowd control and security operations to protect Andrews County, participants and spectators
- Maintaining arena grounds in peak condition year round, including operating heavy machinery when necessary
- Directing and assisting with set-up and tear down for events when required
- Performing preventive maintenance on equipment
- Coordinating major repairs or additions to the arena with Commissioners’ Court approval
- Repairing and painting facilities and facility equipment
This position requires irregular working hours, evenings and weekends, and 24-hour on-call availability is required. This position is exempt from overtime hours. Computer skills are helpful.
Posted: August 11, 2017Job Application Form
Job Position Specifications