Invitation to Bid
Notice of Request for Sealed Bids for Construction Contractor
Andrews County, Texas is requesting bids for the selection of a Construction Contractor to repair or replace the roof on Precinct 3 barn in Andrews, Texas. 100% payment and performance bonds will be required.
A bid packet with forms and complete instructions for submitting a bid can be obtained from Carol White, the County Auditor, 201 N Main St. Room 109, 432-524-1410 or downloaded HERE.
A mandatory pre-bid conference will be held on Thursday, May 28, at 10:30 a.m. CDT at the Andrews County Precinct 3 Barn, 854 E. Broadway, Andrews, Texas.
The deadline for submission of a bid is 4:00 p.m. CDT on June 8, 2020 at the County Auditor’s Office, 201 N. Main, Rm. 109, Andrews, Texas, 79714.
Bids will be publicly opened at 9:00 a.m. CDT on June 9, 2020 at the Commissioners Courtroom, Room 107, Andrews County Courthouse, Andrews, Texas.
All payments will be made from the Andrews County Precinct 3 Road and Bridge Fund.
The Commissioners’ Court reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to waive all formalities and to award the bid based on the best interest of Andrews County and its taxpayers.
ADDENDA #1 dated May 28, 2020:
I would like to answer some questions and make some clarifications so that you are all aware.
- Because the project will be $50,000 or less the performance and payment bonds can be waived.
- I have been made aware that the coating on the spray foam only lasts 10 years, so it will not be able to be warrantied for the 15 years. Please make note of that on your bid, if you should be bidding the closed seal foam.
- The job site clean up on the interior of the building will be a rough clean. The exterior clean up will be rough clean with no loose debris.
- There are three vents on the roof and the caps are bent. Since this can cause leaking and they are old enough that the replacement caps will probably not be available, please plan on replacing them.
- The gutters on the welding shop part of the building are mounted to the roof sheets. If your bid is to replace the sheets, please include replacement of the gutter and downspouts.
- If bidding adding insulation to the existing roof sheets, please bid the project with removal of the old insulation in the main shop area two ways - (1) by customer and (2) by contractor.
My plan is to get the best and most long term roof for the budget I have. My first choice is to have a new roof with insulation, but my budget may prevent that. This is why I'm looking at options.
Thank you for your interest.
Commissioner Precinct #3
These files are PDF files. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you will need to download the latest version to view and print the file.